UX/UI Designer L1
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI with Poly
As a UX / UI Designer you will conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies and generate strategic and tactical insights that are used in the design of intelligence analyst tools. You will develop scripts and facilitate UX methods to extract user feedback and create UX artifacts that set the direction for the analyst tools of the future. You will research and documents user workflows, designs front end systems, creates mockups, engages with users, interacts with multiple development teams using tools like Axure and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Figma and XD are a plus). This role is key at aligning user needs with strategic direction. You will also be able to use any relevant experience in Psychology or Human Centered Computing.
- Collaborate with Designers and Developers to create UX artifacts and provide UX expertise
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies such as surveys, interviews, and usability tests with multiple UX practitioners to generate strategic insights
- Develop wireframes to help users evaluate product structure before development
- Evaluate and produce information architectures to determine appropriate product structure and layout
- Perform heuristic evaluations using standard UX principles to review user interfaces
- Develop workshop scripts and facilitate UX methods to extract user feedback and synthesize UX artifacts
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Psychology, Human Factors and Ergonomics (HFE), or SE related degree (SE, CompSci, Software, Business Process Engineering) or related field
- 5 years of experience in UX design
- Ability to design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets.
- Experience with UI prototyping, visual communication, and interactive design.
- Enterprise UX experience across multiple applications.
- Omni channel marketing/design experience is a plus.
- Background in workflow and usability testing and the capability to generate suggested changes per user and customer requests.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional product development teams.
- Strong problem-solving abilities used to turn complex ideas into easily understood visuals.
- Experience in each of the usability and software engineering cycle phases
- Experience working with end users to research and document user requirements
- Experience creating user interface design specifications and working closely with application developers
- Experience directing/conducting usability testing
- Proficiency in one of more design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure, XD, and Figma
Weeghman and Briggs is a company specializing in providing analytical services to Government Agencies and private companies to help them improve their processes. Established in 2016 by Anthony Jordan, and since that time has partnered with a list of government entities and private corporations. The company has become a well-known and respected company with a great staff of professionals. Come join the team and become part of the family, where your opinion matters and your voice is heard.
Weeghman & Briggs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org