Infrastructure Engineer L3
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI with Poly
We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer Level 3 to implement, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse infrastructure systems (e.g. multi-purpose hosting, virtualized environments, big data analytic systems, cloud environments, real-time systems, business management information systems, logging and monitoring systems, hardware, active directory, Linux/Unix- Windows- or OSx-based, storage area networks (SAN), LAN and WAN networking, and other infrastructure-related components) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Review and test infrastructure components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves reported system issues. Utilizes infrastructure engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development/test/production environment. Provides specific input to the component system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, system reuses, use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)/Government Off-The- Shelf (GOTS), and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual system components with particular emphasis on complex networking topics.
The Level 3 Infrastructure Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Dataflow experience within the last 5 years
- Perform system integration, system administration, or network engineering tasks.
- Contribute to the development of sections of IT and telecommunication system manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Performs tasks in IT and telecommunication projects in at least (4) four of the following areas:
- Windows or Linux server system administration (e.g., 2K3, 2K8, 7, 10, various Linux flavors),
- Integrating GOTS/COTS/open-source solutions,
- Virtualization technology experience (e.g., VMWare, Zen, Citrix, KVM), networking and TCP/IP protocols (e.g., CISCO, Juniper),
- Storage technologies (e.g., SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS),
- Remote access (e.g., Juniper SSL VPN), or other IT infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in one or more of the following networking topics is preferred:
- Network troubleshooting of complex issues, such as IPSec, VXLan, FWs, Load Balancing and DNS
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and thin client architectures
- Security administration to include enterprise antivirus, malware detection, intrusion detection and audit solutions.
- Open-Source tools, such as Snort
- Experience with Cloud technologies, such as OpenStack, Hadoop, and Cloudera.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services platforms and solutions
- Ability to work complex projects as senior contributor and as part of an integrated product team. Strong communication skills and experience working directly with customers.
- Supervise Infrastructure projects in diverse areas such as system engineering, system integration, development and operations, project execution and quality oversight, resource identification and allocation, financial tracking, and reporting.
- Supervise Infrastructure Engineers and other contract personnel in meeting Government requirements.
- Provide solicited and unsolicited advice to appropriate Government personnel to maintain, optimize and upgrade IT and telecommunication infrastructure to meet evolving government requirements.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline and twelve (12) years’ experience in infrastructure engineering. An additional four (4) years of infrastructure experience on projects with similar engineering processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
At least one technical certification in systems engineering (e.g., INCOSE), information security (e.g., CISSP), networking (e.g., CCNA), system administration (e.g., RHCE, MCSE), virtualization (e.g., VCP), information technology systems management (e.g., ITIL) or project management (e.g., PMP, Agile), or in other IT related domains.
Candidate should have dataflow experience in the last five years.
Weeghman and Briggs is a company specializing in providing analytical services to Government Agencies and private companies to help them improve their processes. Established in 2016 by Anthony Jordan, and since that time has partnered with a list of government entities and private corporations. The company has become a well-known and respected company with a great staff of professionals. Come join the team and become part of the family, where your opinion matters and your voice is heard.
Weeghman & Briggs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org